BTPA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BTPA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21 May 2018.
Bowen Therapist searches which result in individual therapist details being displayed are tracked and analysed for membership and administrative purposes. Your IP address is stored, as well as the date and time you make the therapist search. This helps BTPA to know where in the country the distribution of Bowen Therapist searches occurs.
BTPA also tracks your website activity in order to produce anonymous website statistics, relating to the www.bowentherapy.org.uk website (only). This helps us to see which pages on the website are popular.
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
General Data Protection Regulation Statement of Policy - Bowen Therapy Professional Association
This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by the Bowen Therapy Professional Association (BTPA) . To perform our function, we need to collect and use certain types of information about the members who use our services as a professional organisation. BTPA regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as highly important. We therefore strive to ensure that we treat personal information lawfully and correctly.
Data Protection Principles
BTPA endorses and is committed to adhering to the eight data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The eight Principles require that personal information is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed.
- Processed for limited purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Accurate, and kept up-to-date.
- Not kept longer than necessary.
- Processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection being provided to the personal data on individual subjects.
Use of Your Personal Data
We will use personal information provided by you for the purpose of carrying out professional membership services for the following purposes:
- To establish whether a therapist has achieved certain levels of training competence and to ensure they have public liability insurance.
- Internal record keeping.
- Contacting BTPA Members about their merchandise orders.
- Responding to enquiries from members of the public.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To list your clinic details on our website if you are eligible and have requested this service.
- To mail/email a quarterly magazine and a regular newsletter.
- To keep in touch with the member regarding important updates relating to their membership.
- To keep the member up to date with relevant information.
- To adhere to our legal responsibilities.
- To process requests and enquiries from you.
- To communicate with you to remind you of your membership renewal date by phone, email or post.
- To communicate with you about our services, events and news by email or post.
- For audit purposes.
- To prevent or detect fraud.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and we will remove it when the purposes have been met.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, email address, postal address, clinic address and phone number (contact details).
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- BTPA Members' use of the members' area (date and time) may be logged.
- BTPA Member survey responses, course reviews and testimonials when submitted through the website.
Consent to collect personal information
In compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, when a new member joins the BTPA they will be asked to formally consent to allow BTPA to collect and process their personal information.
BTPA must process your personal information to perform its function. If a member is not content to allow BTPA to process personal information, that member will not be eligible to join the BTPA as a member.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Data
BTPA will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to limit the opportunity for unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and to guard against accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to personal data.
Sharing of Personal Data
We share information in the following circumstances:
- Where we are required to do so by law.
- When you have given consent for us to do so.
- With Balens Insurers and Holistic Insurers when you take out the block booking discount scheme through BTPA with them.
- With CNHC if you become a CNHC Member through BTPA.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that BTPA holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will contact you to check that the request has come from you before we disclose any personal information. Copies of available information will be supplied to your registered address.
Requests should be made, in writing, to BTPA Membership Secretary, PO Box 7804, Daventry NN11 1GP.
Amendment of Personal Data Held
If you believe that the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, you should submit corrections, in writing to the address given above as soon as possible.
How long we retain your personal information
Member details are retained for as long as is necessary to provide the services of the association. Member details are destroyed one year after a member leaves the association.
Any personal information that you provide is controlled by the Data Controller (The Secretary, BTPA, PO Box 7804, Daventry, NN11 1GP), registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Reference Number Z7098088.