A prior knowledge of basic Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) is expected from Bowen Therapy students (prior to training) who intend to work professionally in this field. Students may already have a relevant qualification but if not, there are basic / refresher courses available (such as the FHT accepted course below) which can be taken online.
A more thorough knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (AP&P) is expected from those therapists wishing to become a Full Member of the BTPA or to register with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). This could be an ITEC or VTCT Level 3 certificate in AP&P and requires an invigilated exam to be taken.
If you already have medical training (doctor, osteopath, chiropractor, physiotherapist, etc.) or a qualification that included Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology training, then you may not need to complete an additional AP&P course.
BTPA recognises Level 3 certficiates in AP&P from the following organisations:
There are many courses that would provide the necessary AP&P experience. Correspondence courses that involve an invigilated written exam at the end of the course may also be acceptable. If you have any queries, please get in touch with the Membership Office - email@example.com.
E-learning experts Essential Training Solutions are delighted to work with the BTPA to provide an online accredited course in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
Course price: £350 (before discount)
Discount code: BTPA (this needs entering in the COUPON box)
Discount amount: £25
The VTCT Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology online course offers the following:
- VTCT course registration including VTCT lifelong membership
- All examination fees
- 24/7 online access for the duration of your course
- The Essential Anatomy & Physiology Study Manual
- The Complete Pathology for Complementary Therapies book
- Free access to the ETS Resource Centre
- Free access to the ETS Health and Safety Resource
- Unrivaled and unlimited student support
Anatomy and Physiology Online Course - FHT Accredited Qualification (Level 3 Diploma) - additional training would be required to join a professional association (this A&P course on its own is insufficient)
Course price: £90 (before discount)
Discount code: BTPA10 (this needs entering in the COUPON box)
Discount amount: 10% (£9)
The FHT Anatomy and Physiology Online Level 3 Accredited course has the following features:
- Fully supported
- Free access to the ETS Resource Centre with links to videos, animation, and other resources to further support your study if you choose, without slowing you down
- Interactive tutorials and online assessments mean you can study completely from home
- Immediate online marking of assessments so no written assignments to be posted
- No required attendance whatsoever
- ETS even guarantees your success!
BTPA will also accept qualification certificates from the following colleges:-
The S.E.E.D. Institute – www.theseedinstitute.co.uk/AP2.htm
If AP&P knowledge has been gained as part of other training e.g. Medical, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, TCM Acupuncture, etc. a copy of that qualification may be acceptable.
A suitable AP&P course may be found at a local college which offers courses in Health or Complementary Therapies.
If you know of any AP&P courses that we could list here, or run a course yourself, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).