Enquiries: 07713 552 858

How To Train (as a Bowen Therapist)

The Bowen Therapy Professional Association (BTPA) is not a training organisation.

However, we do accept students from all accredited teachers of the Bowen Technique working on humans. Details of their courses can be obtained directly from the teacher/trainer and whichever route a student decides to take, completion of their course will get them well on their way to being able to join the BTPA register. Full members of BTPA will be added to the public list of professional Bowen Therapists.

BTPA does not currently assess Animal Bowen training schools but instead offers fully qualified Full Members the chance of listing their Animal Bowen clinic details on their 'Find A Therapist' entry. Please ensure you research any canine or equine Bowen therapist to ensure they are suitably experienced or qualified to work with animals, with the relevant insurance and have cooperation with the animal's vet. Read more about Animal Bowen.

We support Bowen practitioners and students at whatever stage of their learning (see membership benefits ). Full members who have completed all the requirements for the BTPA Human Bowen register will also be eligible to join the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council’s (CNHC) register for complementary therapists that is recognised by the NHS.

As part of ongoing continuous professional development (CPD), BTPA expects full members to keep their knowledge and skills base up to date. To assist with this BTPA recognises and accepts a wide range of teachers and trainers.

Learn more about the CPD requirements for continuing BTPA membership.