The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) is the UK voluntary regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners that was set up with government support to protect the public by providing a UK voluntary register of complementary therapists.
CNHC's register has been approved as an Accredited Register by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care. This means CNHC has met the Professional Standards Authority’s demanding standards. All CNHC registered practitioners are entitled to use CNHC’s quality mark which demonstrates a commitment to professionalism and high standards. The public and those who commission the services of complementary healthcare practitioners can choose with confidence, by looking for the CNHC quality mark. General Medical Council (GMC) guidance confirms that doctors are able to refer patients to practitioners on Accredited Registers.
CNHC has agreed that BTPA may verify applications for CNHC registration and we encourage members to register in order to gain the CNHC quality mark.
To find out more about the CNHC visit www.cnhc.org.uk.
Members wishing to register should follow the instructions in the Members' area of the website.
If you are not a BTPA member but wish to register with the CNHC, you may apply via the BTPA. You will need to complete an application form and supply a photocopy of the following training certificates:
- Certificate of Bowen Proficiency from a BTPA accepted Bowen school/tutor.
- Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) certificate or other training certificate incorporating A&P (see our A&P requirements)
- Current First Aid Certificate. (The minimum BTPA requirement is a one day course that includes resuscitation where the certificate is valid for three years. These courses are available from The British Red Cross and St John Ambulance)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance to a minimum value of £2m.
- Certificate of 2 days approved Bowen workshop training if Bowen qualification was gained more than 12 months ago.
- Administration fee (cheque payable to BTPA for £15.00).
Send all forms, certificates and cheque to:-
BTPA, PO Box 7804, Daventry, NN11 1GP
You will need to pay the annual CNHC registration fee of £68 (if registering online) once your application has been approved. The fee for registration of additional disciplines is £10 per discipline (to a maximum of four, after which it is free)